Open Door Mission Ministry
There is no better way to help men than have men helping men. The “Open Door Mission” is located at 2809 N 20th St. E, Omaha, NE 6810. Men of all ages attend a group meeting regularly on Monday evenings at 7 PM. By the grace of God six men from the Omaha area dedicate their time and life experiences with the men from the Open Door Mission by using a special curriculum to help them to become authentic men. Many of the participants are men who have never experienced the blessings of having a father in their lives. This series has proven to be a life changer for many of those men who have attended. This could have only happened with the commitment and dedication of the volunteers who are willing to share their journey in life and how they have given their life to God.
Raul Saldivar has served in a leadership role for 35 years at Mosaic, a nonprofit organization serving over 3,500 individuals with developmental disabilities. an affiliate of the ELCA. He has worked in Operations, Human Resources, Risk Management, and Integrity. He has served as Director, Vice President, Senior Vice President, and Chief Operating Officer during his career at Mosaic. He retired from Mosaic on December 31, 2016. Raul has many years of experiences in Board service in both nonprofits and for profit companies. He has provided board facilitation for Strategic planning, numerous board training and presentations. He is also the Nebraska Walk Coordinator, along with his wife Ellen, for the Angelman Syndrome Foundation.
Activities & Affiliations
- Instrumental in the development and integration of Mosaic agencies in Kansas, Texas, Illinois and Connecticut.
- Instrumental in the creation of Mosaic’s partially self funded Health Insurance Plan which provided health insurance at no or affordable cost to full time employees.
- Instrumental in the creation and implementation of a Captive Insurance program which provide Workers Compensation, General and Professional Liability coverage for Mosaic employees.
- Climbed to the top of Mt Kilimanjaro and raised over $30,000 for Mosaic’s international program
- Ran the Great Wall of China Marathon, one of the few Adventure Marathons in the world. Raised over $20,000 for Mosaic’s International Program. Successfully lead the completion of the first Nebraska Angelman Syndrome walk in several years raising over $8,000.
Scott started his career working for Union Pacific Railroad in their highly competitive management training program for the first 6 years after college. He was then approached to join a start-up I.T. software organization that was partially owned by Union Pacific Corp which planted the seed for helping to build organizations focused on solving business challenges around communication gaps.
He then took a chance with another software start-up that was addressing another communication challenge within the healthcare vertical where Scott developed a passion for empowering physicians and healthcare providers to improve the care experience for their patients.
This passion has led to an impressive background in executive business consulting within healthcare systems and hospitals for the past 20+ years focused around patient engagement and empowering physicians to utilize technology to improve the care experience.
Another passion of Scott’s lies within Men’s Ministry, which he credits putting his life on the right track after he unfortunately lost his father at a relatively young age. By providing the guiding principles of rejecting passivity, accepting responsibility, doing his best to lead courageously and investing eternally in the next generation.
In an effort to “pay if forward” Scott has been one of the founding members of several men’s ministry offerings that originated from his home church of Bethany Lutheran Church-Elkhorn where he first connected with his faith and the brotherhood he was inspired by.
Jason Tonjes, CPA, CFE has spent his entire professional career devoted to the success of Bland & Associates, P.C. He joined the Bland family right out of college in an entry level position in 1996. Just ten years later he bought the firm, with the goal of achieving the company’s long-standing mission of providing outstanding client service as well as fulfilling careers for firm personnel.
To ensure superior client service and success, Tonjes says he simply leads by example. “I treat every client situation like their business is my business – it’s important to listen to the client, be accessible, and provide timely, accurate advice,” he said. “This is the mentality of all members of our Bland family; it is the most basic thing that unites us.”
Growing up on a farm near Pender, Nebraska, Jason Tonjes developed a strong work ethic at an early age – an asset that continues to be a benefit friends and his family. He attended Midland Lutheran College in Fremont, Nebraska, where he earned a B.S. in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting, as well as a B.S. in Economics.
The traits of listening, hard work, and treating everyone like they are family combine well is Jason’s passion for the Men’s Ministry that is being done by Men of Bethany in America.
- Men of Bethany in America – Treasurer
- Midland University – Booster Club Board Member
- BKR International Past Chairman and Board Member
- Visiting Nurses Association of the Midlands – Past Chairman and Board Member
- Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Honors & Recognitions
- 40 Under 40 – Midlands Business Journal (2006)
- Midland Lutheran College – Outstanding Young Alumni Award (2008)
Gary Carlson is an accomplished Senior Executive and Consultant with more than 40 years of success in education and non-profits. Leveraging extensive experience developing and implementing strategic plans for educational institutions and foundations, he is a valuable asset for companies looking to improve from within through leadership development and employee engagement initiatives. His broad areas of expertise include fundraising, performance management, regulatory compliance, staff development, and board governance.
Throughout his executive career, Gary has held leadership positions at organizations including Children’s Square USA, Lincoln School of Commerce, ITT Educational Services Inc., and gCarlson Inc., which he founded in 2010 and currently serves as President. He has been responsible for developing a comprehensive performance management tool for Career Schools,” enabling the translation of data into actionable plans; overseeing the academic administration and leadership of 127 colleges and universities, including the creation of a virtual library and online hybrid program; and creating and developing fundraising strategies to increase an endowment from $90K to $6.5M in five years. Gary has consulted over 200 colleges in the US on student services and success, teacher performance, school operations, and ACICS accreditation.
Activities & Affiliations
- ACICS (Past President & Member)
- Early Career Academy/ITT (Chair)
- Council for Exceptional Children (Past President Omaha & State Chapters)
- Lutheran Child and Family Services (Past Vice Chair)
- National School Board Association, and the Ralston School Board (Past President)
- Virginia International Board Member
- Lincoln College, Board Chair
- SAE, Board Chair
- Education Consultant